We have been very busy here at Maharishi School HQ over the last week as you can imagine but we have a very important message to share with you:
Now that the sun is out Miss Bea Lowrie would like to share 5 top tips with you and your family to stay sun safe:
1. Use a sun cream with a high sun protection factor (SPF) and UVA protection. Choose one that is SPF30 or higher and at least 5‑star UVA protection *. Follow the instructions on the bottle and reapply as recommended, particularly after swimming.
2. Spending time outside enjoying the warm weather can lead to dehydration, so make sure to drink plenty of water to keep yourself safe in the sun. Don’t wait until you get thirsty!
3. Cover up and protect yourself and your children’s skin by wearing a long-sleeved shirt made of cotton or natural fibres and a wide-brimmed hat Be extra careful with children under six months; babies’ skin is much more sensitive than adult skin. Keep babies under the age of six months out of direct sunlight at all times.
4. To protect your eyes, make sure you and your family are wearing sunglasses with a guaranteed ultraviolet (UV) light filter.
5. Find a shady spot to sit and play, especially between 11am and 3pm when the sun is usually strongest.
Miss Bea says:
Applying sun cream may seem boring, but once kids learn about how it protects them from the sun’s rays, they’ll be more likely to regularly reapply. Once they’re in a routine of applying their cream before sun exposure, it will become a habit and set them up for protecting their skin in the future. Enjoy the sun 🌞😎