Maharishi Free School wishes to appoint an outstanding Part-time Spanish Teacher (0.9) – (salary £26,000k pro rata)
Maharishi School is looking for a motivated, passionate and highly capable linguist, who can effectively communicate their love for languages in the classroom and beyond, to inspire and enthuse our pupils. The candidate should be keen to contribute to the wider life of the School, including leading Transcendental Meditation (TM) twice daily for our pupils. Full training will be provided in this life enhancing mental technique.
Maharishi Free School in Skelmersdale is a wonderful place to be. Combining a dynamic learning environment with a harmonious atmosphere where pupils receive the uniquely effective system of Consciousness-based Education.
Creativity and intelligence are systematically developed with a few minutes of Transcendental Meditation (TM) at the start and end of the school day. More than 200 published scientific studies show that the experience of restful alertness during TM brings balance to the whole physiology, making learning both enjoyable and successful.
You could join a school:
• With a strong ethos which forms the basis of its success and an excellent reputation
• Graded ‘Good’ by OFSTED with ‘Outstanding’ for ‘Personal Development, Behaviour & Welfare
• Was named the best secondary school in West Lancashire in Lancashire Live’s Real Schools Guide 2020 and in 2019 our Progress 8 scores placed us in the top 1.8% nationally.
• With support for developing your understanding and practice of Consciousness-based Education
• With great staff, a harmonious working environment – where exceptional dedication is the norm
We are seeking a candidate who is a team player and will:
Be able to teach Spanish from year 2 – year 11 and, as the sole member of the MFL department, will confidently lead our pupils from primary Spanish to GCSE success. A willingness to lead extra-curricular languages activities, including trips abroad and national competitions, would be an advantage.
Spanish is popular amongst our pupils and the ideal candidate will be able to motivate and inspire pupils of all ages and abilities. We use i-languages at primary level and prepare our secondary phase pupils for the AQA (9-1) GCSE. The ability to lead a form group and deliver two lessons of PSHE per week is also required.
The ideal candidate should have effective communication skills for dealing with pupils, parents, teachers, and support staff and should be organised, energetic and self-directed, as well as being a team player.
Closing Date: 16th April 2021 at 16.00
Interview date: Week Beginning Monday, 26th April 2021
For more information, and an application pack, contact: email@example.com
Pre-application visits will be accommodated in line with current Covid restrictions. Please contact the school if you would like to arrange a pre-application visit or if you have any questions.
• Maharishi School is an equal Opportunities Employer.
• All appointments are subject to proof that the candidate has the right to work in the UK, satisfactory references and enhanced DBS clearance.
• Maharishi School is a safer recruitment employer
Contact – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01695 722912 www.maharishischool.com
Maharishi School Primary Phase is located on Cobbs Brow Lane, Lathom. L40 6JJ and Secondary Phase is on Woodley Park Road, Skelmersdale. WN8 6UQ