Maharishi Free School wishes to appoint a 1-1 SEND teaching assistant to work with a pupil in KS4.
This is a part-time role, initially on a fixed term contract of one year. Required for September 2022
Salary £8152 (Working hours are 8:50am – 4:00pm 3 days a week during term time, plus five days to include INSET training or equivalent throughout the year)
Maharishi School is a wonderful place to be and as a Free School is able to innovate and be creative in the way it operates. The school combines a dynamic learning and working environment with a harmonious atmosphere through the uniquely effective system of Consciousness-based Education (CbE).
CbE includes pupils and staff practising Transcendental Meditation (TM). More than 200 published scientific studies show that the experience of restful alertness during TM brings balance to the whole physiology, supporting well-being, and systematically develops both creativity and intelligence.
You would join a school:
- with a strong ethos which forms the basis of its success and an excellent reputation
- graded ‘Good’ by OFSTED with ‘Outstanding’ for ‘Personal Development, Behaviour & Welfare”
- with support for developing your understanding and practice of TM
- with great staff and a harmonious working environment, and where exceptional dedication is the norm
- which embraces creativity and innovation in all areas of resource and premises management.
The ideal candidate will have previous teaching assistant experience and previous experience working with pupils with Special Educational Needs & Disabilities.
We are looking for a candidate who can meet the following criteria:
- A commitment to the school’s Consciousness-based Education (CbE) ethos (training in CbE will be provided)
- A relevant teaching assistant qualification (desirable)
- Experience of working with pupils with Special Educational Needs & Disabilities
- Previous KS3/4 experience (desirable)
- At least one reference from previous work with children
- A current DBS that is registered with the update service or be willing to apply for a new one
- Eligibility to work in the UK or be a UK resident
We can offer:
- A working environment where the twice daily practice of Transcendental Meditation is at its core
- Dedicated and supportive staff
- Supportive and engaged parents
- A commitment to quality and safeguarding
1. Read the job description Job Description
2. Fill in an Application Form. Application Form
3. Please submit this along with a CV and a covering letter of no more than 2 sides of A4 describing how you meet the above requirements.
or phone and request an application form, and send your completed application form and a covering letter of no more than two pages of A4 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 10 June 2022 midday
Interviews: w/c 20 June 2022
Contact – Email: email@example.com
Tel: 01695 729912 www.maharishischool.com
All appointments are subject to satisfactory references and enhanced DBS clearance
Maharishi School is an equal opportunities and safer recruitment employer